Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Finally

I cannot stand the sound of someone hauking up a loogie. And there is a kid in the lobby waiting for his mom to come out of physical therapy, walking around playing his hand held video game and hauking up loogies. Where he is putting them, if anywhere, I do not want to know. We fortunately have many plants in the lobby, creating a jungle-like appearance. Perhaps one of them is the lucky recipient of my little friend's mocos.
Seems we are the only community in the state not getting slaked with the rains of monsoon. Flagstaff is getting hit every afternoon and the valley even gets their share a few times a week, which is so desperately needed. We get beautifully colored skies and dark, ominous looking clouds, winds enough to blow one from their shoes and promising droplets that bring a delicious smell and cause spotty windshields...but none of the torrential waterfalls the rest of the state is having. I suppose our time will come after the rest of the state has drunk their fill.
When we first married, Gary played ball every summer for the city league, and our summer nights were spent in the cooler baseball fields nearby, the kids running around with friends and me cheering the team on with the other wives. He played until fear of further injury stopped him from doing this sport he loves so much. He'd already ripped up his quads and shoulder muscles, and so 6 years or so ago, he quit playing. Being over 4o by that time didn't help sway his decision. But after working out for the past half a year and getting back into shape, he decided he'd give it another go and he's back to playing ball with a team of younger men, and one man a bit older than him. So far so good, no ripped or torn muscles though he had a beautiful black and purple bruise on the back of his knee for a few weeks, just from the exertion during the game. he doesn't remember getting hit, so we can only surmise it's from the running, sliding, jumping, etc. He is quite in his element.
We are awaiting our 4th grandbaby, Hunter Riley, to be born in South Carolina this month! After that we'll have a few months then our 5th grandbaby in December! I feel so much happiness when thinking of these things, sometimes my mind plays tricks and I think "Is this really MY life? Is any one person allowed this much love and contentment in their life?" God is so good to me.

2 comments:

The Hoffmans said...

Oh my goodness, I catch myself feeling just as blessed all the time! I think it comes with the feeling of upcoming motherhood, and having a wonderful husband.

sophie said...

I agree with Trish. We are very blessed to have such wonderful lives. And you momma, you deserve every bit of it!!