Sunday, June 22, 2008

I am now in Phoenix, with just 6 days to go until wedding time! Last night my nephews and my mom threw a surprise party for my sister and her husbands 25th anniversary...it was too funny. For some reason everyone was waiting for them to come in the front door...which nobody but the most infrequent visitors use....and focusing their cameras on it. Of course, they came through the back door...the normal entrance for them, and we all had to do a bout face...
We had about 70 people in my parents' home, which gets warm even with 4 people in it. it was HOT. But lots of fun...Karen and Dan (the guests of honor) were very surprised and touched at the turn out. Food was great...G'ma and Wayne made sure of that! And Wayne's experience, schooling and training paid off last night. The food was tasty, beautiful and wonderfully presented.
It will be a busy week, but am SO GLAD to be down here and getting closer to wedding day. I loved the role I had in my step daughters' weddings and always wished I could have done more. This has been so fun!
My aunt mary is also visiting from South Carolina this week...what a great time to spend with her, my mom and the other women in my family. She is a beautiful person, has such strength, faith and love..talks fast and smart, too! And loves a glass of good red vino....
My love left this morning to go back home, until this Thursday. Wish he could be here, but he doesn't like Phoenix very much and it's SO hot here right now, he'd be miserable. When he gets back later this week, we'll have moved out to my sister's home, where the wedding will be and be able to lounge (between cleaning and prepping) in the pool or by the pool or somewhere near the pool....
Last week after Rob, Mandy and the kids left, we moped around a while..missing the kids running around and the noise. I found little finger prints Hallie left on the glass of the entertainment center, the junior ranger badge Jonah left behind and the shells Mackay was so kind to leave for me (will probably use in my garden, great for the soil!) "It's way too quiet here," we said to one another a few times. The week BEFORE that, I'd moved my son to the big city of Phoenix and when I returned from there, it felt the same. I miss the guitar playing, the friends visiting and even miss waiting up for him! Well, kind of....have to admit I am now getting a good full nights' sleep, good for the body and soul!

2 comments:

sophie said...

Sounds like someone needs to grab the Tata and drag your butts down here full time! Especially with the little one arriving at the end of the year.... ;)

The Hoffmans said...

Hott?? He better be prepared for not only heat but some massive humidity! Buck up Tats! Aww to have a full nights rest again and not have to get up every 30-45mins to pee would be so nice. It will be a while before I ever get it back. It will be so worth it though.