Sunday, June 8, 2008

Long day

Actually this should be titled long week! Wow....have you ever seen those cartoons where something gets rolling and picking up stuff on the way and the whole thing keeps getting bigger and bigger!? That's how my week has been! Not in a bad way....but snowballing to the finale which is tomorrow, when I return home to good ole Page and begin another week of action and adventure...my lovely step daughter and her family will be visiting with us a few days, giving Gary (husband, dad and Tata) ample time to play with Mackay and Jonah, and be sweet on little Hallie...who turns one on Tuesday! Hard to believe it's already been a year since that sweet little one was born.
Today was Sophie's bridal shower up at the mother in law to be's home...fabulous food, gifts and women to share the day with! Sophie looked so beautiful, as expectant mothers can (right Tricia!?) and I realized that in exactly three weeks, the youngest of our daughters will be a married woman...and by the end of the year, we will be grandparents x 5! Holy hannah.....but itss a blessing to have Mike in our family, along with Rob & Justin.
We just returned from the movie theater after watching Sex and the City...what a fabulous story, actually pulled my cynical heartstrings....even with the raunchy sex scenes (at which I actually had to cover my eyes)..I loved the story and the characters, but especially the strength these women found in themselves in their 40s. Of course, it's just a story, not real life...at least not here! This sure ain't New York City.

1 comment:

The Hoffmans said...

I wish I coulda been at the shower! Sounds like a fun girly weekend. I cant wait to be a mother! I am so tired of the expectant thing! Talk to you soon.